Wednesday, April 30, 2008

bureaucratic miracle

Dear Friends,

yesterday we experienced a miracle. In the morning the passport office asked us to come by in the evening. On Thursday we had submitted an application for Deanna's passport, so we assumed there was a problem with the application . Tonya ran in while I parked the van. When Tonya came out with Deanna's passport I almost fell out of the car door. Deanna's passport had been completed in five days.

When I renewed my Russian driver's license it took me three days to submit the application (three visits to the police office) and then after it was submitted it took eight days of processing it before it was ready. Ten days just to renew a driver's license. Passports usually take a month, and this one was issued in five days (only three business days). Tonya and I are still in awe of what God has done.

So what if they came up with a new way to spell her name?

Now we are ready to apply for her American visa. Thank you for your prayers.

To God be the Glory,
Cecil