Wednesday, April 01, 2020

plans change

Dear Friends,

we are in the States for me to get a new visa to Russia.  That has gone well and the Russian consulate has issued me a new one.  However, the Corona virus has changed our travel plans.  We are in North Carolina waiting for things to normalize and for us to get tickets.  Thankfully a couple from church has given us a place to stay for a while, so we do have somewhere to rest our heads.

So we are in a wait-and-see mode before we can travel again.  Our leadership have advised us to stay in place until further notice and things are good for international travel.

We are all healthy and thankful for that.

We also thank our supporters for being patient and understanding that we can't head overseas right now, even though we have the documents we need.  I guess this virus outbreak has affected many people's plans.  While it has caught us by surprise, God has not been caught unaware.

I am thinking of a Bible verse that says, "For I know the plans I have you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future."

While I have been caught off-guard sometimes, I have never see God surprised.

We do look forward to seeing Russia again.

Blessings to you all!